How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My relationship ended with my long-term partner back on 25th

Customer Question

My relationship ended with my long-term partner back on 25th December 2012 after he assaulted me (He was arrested and accepted a caution for this). I got an evaluation done on the two properties we own (one residential property joint tenants and one buy to let tenants in common in equal shares) in June/July 2013 and offered to purchase these from him for the higher of the evaluations. He rejected it. He then started to play silly beggars and I had to take him to Court where a Court Undertaking was issued which he has since broken. I've collected together all the information I can to strengthen my case and in September 2014 he was issued Court papers (which he promptly put up on Facebook) and we went to Court in mid November. He's been playing silly games and badmouthing me in anyway he can. He's caused me a lot of stress and money, not only through the courts but also he's admitted that he refused to allow a delivery into the flat we jointly owned and due to that most of it has gone missing. Please help! I don't know what to do! I'm afraid that he's going to cost me as much money as humanly possible and not give me any of it back as we are hopefully going to settle out of Court. What should I do??? How can he get away with this?!!!
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is the application that the court is dealing with at the moment - what have you asked for?