How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I agreed to let my niece's husband put his mini in my garage

This answer was rated:

I agreed to let my niece's husband put his mini in my garage until he built a hard standing at his house. It has been there for about 7 years and my niece and her husband split up 5 years ago. I now want the vehicle removed - what are my options please
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Did you have any form of written contract please?

No I didn't - it was a verbal agreement.

Alex Watts : Ok, then you can simply give notice that he removes everything, by law you need to give a months notice.
Alex Watts : Say that if he refuses to move it, you will get it removed.
Alex Watts : If he does not then you can get it removed or disposed of.
Alex Watts : But you need to give a months notice and say you will dispose
Alex Watts : Can I clairify anything for you about this today please?

If he doesn't move it and I have to get it removed who will be liable for the costs of this?#

Alex Watts : You will have to pay but can sue him for that cost.

thank you

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you