How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I asked a joinery company to make me some traditional solid

This answer was rated:

I asked a joinery company to make me some traditional solid oak windows and have had know end of problems with them, to rectify the joiners have taken them away and returned them in an even worse state and there is know quality at all in the windows that i have paid £27.000 so far with an outstanding amount of £8500 left to pay, do i have the right to ask for a complete refund? all i want to do is get my money back so i can get them made by someone that knows wot there doing ?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Do you know whether they can be repaired?


yes they could be repaired but this has been going on for over a year now and thay have taken them away twice and both times told me that thay would be brought back exactly how thay should have been made only for them to be returned made even worse

Alex Watts :

Ok - what you need to do is get a number of quotes for getting the work by others, this forms your loss

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If the loss is MORE than £8,500 then you can claim the differene.

Alex Watts :

If its less than £8,500 you would need to pay them the balance

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you