How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

HelloThis is a English probate question. My father

Customer Question

Hello This is a English probate question. My father loaned my sister 63,000 and never got the money back. My sister is reluctant to pay any of it back now after 15 years and says that the money was transferred over to my brother in Germany. My elderly father has dementia, but is still able to remember the past and make some financial decisions. I would like him to update or make out a new will to state that this must be deducted from her inheritance. I can take him to see a Solicitor to do this, does my sister/brother have to attend? Also my sister took it upon herself to be power of attorney, but I have found out and my dad does not know that she was taking money from his account and sharing it with my 2 brothers. I don't want to upset him or start an argument with her by telling him the truth. I have appointed a law firm now as power of attorney as she could not be trusted. In addition I would like to add that the administrators as power of attorney have not replied to my letter 3 weeks ago asking for me to bring my father in to make out an up to date will. Please advise me. Many thanks Judie

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law