How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My name is***** i recently had to change my

This answer was rated:

Hi my name is***** i recently had to change my address and re apply for my HGV licence with the DVLA, it took a total of 6 weeks to do as they lost my application in the system, I lost 3 weeks pay although i had to take 2 weeks hoilday pay and back pay, according to them it took their correct time span, but they didn't do their summary correct and adapted it to suit them. How can i put in a claim for loss of earning please
Many Thanks *****
Alex Watts :

Hello James my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know how much you want to claim?

JACUSTOMER-6vk3t352- :

Hi Alex, I would like to claim for the 3 weeks of no pay

Alex Watts : How much is that please?
JACUSTOMER-6vk3t352- :

Hi, it was 725.50 per week

JACUSTOMER-6vk3t352- :

I have a letter from my former employers regarding that amount

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

JACUSTOMER-6vk3t352- :

Thank you Alex I will do that and see what the outcome is.

Alex Watts : Great, can I help you with anything else?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you