How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My daughter rents a property from me and is hoping to buy a

Customer Question

My daughter rents a property from me and is hoping to buy a new build house, can she part exchange my house legally as it would make it easier for me as I would not have to find a buyer and I would like to give her £20,000 towards her deposit from the sale. this would be gifted to my daughter, her boyfriend and my 2 grandsons.
any ideas
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
To enable you to do this, you would have to transfer the legal ownership of your property to your Daughter, so that her name was on the Deeds. She would then legally own the property and she would be free to do with it as she pleased- ie then proceed and sell it to the Developer on a part exchange basis. You would of course need to discuss with your daughter what payment you were to receive have to agree with your daughter.
Please note that you would have to transfer the property to your Daughter first, before she could then approach the Developer, and you could not proceed with all transactions at the same time.
I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.
Kind Regards