How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i am legally divorced mother of a 5 yo having full custody.

Customer Question

i am legally divorced mother of a 5 yo having full custody. I am a permenent resident of uk and applied for citizenship. I am now deciding going back to my home country srilanka. since my ex meets my son once every f/n under supervsion, i am not sure what steps to take. i receive child benefits from him atm and i live in council flats. I would like to know what do i need to do now to go back to my parents home in srilanka for good and what options are there for my kid. how can i  take my kid who was born in uk with me now?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law