How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3844
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I want to operate a limited company taking £200 weekly as,a

This answer was rated:

I want to operate a limited company taking £200 weekly as,a wage and giving the other income to charity as it comes in. Do I have to pay tax on the other income before I can donate it to charity or can I just keep my two hundred pounds weekly wage plus expenses and safely donate the balance on a yearly basis.I want to be absolutely. Certain that Inland Revenue cannot take even one penny, that all the profit goes to the charity or charities I choose
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. All Companies must pay corporation tax however as long as you receive no benefit from the donations and they are not paid as dividends to the charities then the payments will apply for "Gift Aid".

Alex J. :

"Gift Aid" is a tax relief applicable to Limited companies under S.191 of the Corporation Tax Act 2010.

Alex J. :

I would consider including a provision in your Articles of Association that allow for all company profits to be paid as a charitable donation.


ta, AJ.I may come back to you with more queries on this . Regards ***** *****

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you