How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I am in court tomorrow for failing to provide driver details

Customer Question

I am in court tomorrow for failing to provide driver details following a Notice of Inteded Prosecution, the NIP came in my wife's name as the car is registered to her, she filled it in with my details and returned it, a new NIP cam in my name, i filled it in and returned it with a letter mitigating the circumstances of the speeding offence. A short time after i received another NIP which i also filled in and returned. I heard nothing until my summons to court for failing to provide driver details. I cannot afford a solicitor so will be attending alone, how do i argue my position?
Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.


You should attend court and explain that in fact you did respond. You are not guilty plead not guilty (be aware of higher sentence of convicted rather than plead guilty and costs orders). The case will be adjourned for trial. You should get a solicitor for that (typical costs £500. + VAT) to increase your chances of acquittal.

JACUSTOMER-yx8voyle- :

What can you adise me to do with regard to my situation?


I think your question must have crossed with my answer.


Is there anything else I can help you whht?