How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10780
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Im thinking of leaving my marital home. The house and mortgage

This answer was rated:

Im thinking of leaving my marital home. The house and mortgage is in my name. What I want to know is if I was to leave while we sorted out our business and sell the house. Am I giving any rights away by leaving the house?
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Please be rest assured that apart from your physical right of occupation, you won't be giving up any financial or other right by vacating the matrimonial home.
At the end of the day, as and when divorce proceedings are issued and the financial matters are dealt with, it will not matter who is residing where, and it will not adversely affect any financial settlement.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Can you also tell me what the ruling on providing a roof over my wife's head. I have a son with her who is 16, my wife also works, I know I will have to pay maintenance for my son, but what will I have to pay for my wife?.

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm afraid that this is not something I can give you an answer on- it all depends on the finances of each party and the needs of your son. You do really need to speak to a local Matrimonial Solicitor for advice on this.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Al, I will do that.


I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback


Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you