How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi I live in UK for a 5 years now my visa is expired . I'm

Customer Question

Hi I live in UK for a 5 years now my visa is expired . I'm living with my partner and we have a 1 year old son . My partner is British citizen . Can we marry in UK at the register office ???
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You need to give notice of intention to marry at a designated registry and they will ask for proof of your immigration status. If your visa has expired, it is likely that your notice of intention to marry will not be accepted.
Hope this helps