How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, the decree nisi was issued 3 jan 2012, I am now at the

This answer was rated:

Hi, the decree nisi was issued 3 jan 2012, I am now at the final stage of my divorce. My husband wants a make an amendment to the draft consent form to seek an order for the decree nisi to be made absolute as more than 12 months have passed. My husband would not disclose all his finances and not respond to my requests that's why this has taken so long. What could I do?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Has a financial agreement now been reached?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This was agreed in June 2015, but my solicitor didn't prepare a draft of the consent form or statement of information until 21 November and jeapodised the sale of the matrimonial home.
My solicitor sent "I must point out that if you complete your sale and divide the sale proceeds with Peter without a consent order being sealed by the court then you are exposed to Peter not keeping to the agreement which you have reached and you being left with having to make an application to the court, which may deal with things differently".
But it has now been signed by you both?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, still in draft form, I have completed and signed my consent order and statement of information, but have not received my husbands yet. My solicitor sent my above documents to my husbands solicitors on Friday 12 December.
So agreement has been reached and your ex just wishes to make sure that the Decree Absolute is applied for at the same time - is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, exactly that.
That would in fact be entirely normal and there is no reason not to include that as part of the Order - in fact it is not unusual to do so - since the Financial Order cannot come into force until the Decree Absolute is granted
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you