How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I am contesting the service charge claim by the freeholder.

Customer Question

I am contesting the service charge claim by the freeholder. They filed a case in County Court. I requested the Court to transfer the case to First-tier Tribunal Chamber in London. But the freeholder's solicitors have now given the court Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Fast Track.
As I want the case to go to Tribunal and NOT Fast Track, how should I respond to the court?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this. You can apply to transfer the case to the FTT. The court will have regard to the following: The FTT is an expert tribunal and thus better able to deal with the dispute, if there is a complex question of law then the court may be more appropriate, a transfer may involve delay which is to be avoided ( this is especially a problem if the court has mad directions), are there issues other than the service charge issue (if there are this will count against transfer).


You may well think it is sensible to instruct a solicitor to help you in this case. You can find one local to you using this link.

Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.