How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71043
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

what do I need to do after reicing enduring power of attorney

This answer was rated:

what do I need to do after reicing enduring power of attorney who do I need to contact

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot get a password ***** up have never had an original password ***** wont accept any passwords so it looks as though I have wasted my money

I dont understand the password ***** as you do seem to have accessed the system.

Can you please explain the background ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the system keeps refusing to accept my chosen password ***** keeps saying your new password ***** not register or match my original I have never had an original and cant get any futher I am stuck

If you continue to have problems please contact admin. Meanwhile you are logged in so just continue.

Can you please explain the background to the EPA problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to know who to notify that I have epa do I need a solicitor als there is a property with part equity taken that will need to be sold to fund care for my mom in law I was told that if part equity is owned by a third party they only give you 2 weeks to clear the property and then they change the locks wich is not a great deal of time we live in Northumberland the property is in bewdley thank you

Has the EPA now been registered at the Court of Protection?
Who else owns part of the property/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

registerd with office of public guardian bungalow part owned byreassure ltd in telford

Thank you. It appears that your mother did an equity release whereby she released capital from the property in exchange for a share of the property. That is the company in Telford.
It means that your mother could not sell or remortgage the property without paying off whatever is owed on the property. It may be that there is actually no value left in the property but you won’t know until such time as you ask the co-owner, Reassure.

The Enduring Power of Attorney allows you to deal with your mother’s affairs as though you are her and that includes selling the property. You will obviously need a solicitor to do that who will deal with Reassure as part of the overall sales process.

Can I clarifying anything else for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you