How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71039
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My husband beet me up quit badly and i didn't report him to

Customer Question

My husband beet me up quit badly and i didn't report him to the police
my solicitor will not be back in the office until jan 5
i know i have to get divorced now
we have no children but been in the business together for 11 years and married for 7
should i report him to the police ,will this affect what i get , does he have to know if i do
i know that losing HIS place is a bit issue for him
If i backed down and forgave him it would probably go away until the next time anyway
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You can make an allegation to the police as you choose.
It will not affect the division of assets in the divorce.
He will have to know about it. They will arrest or invite him in for interview to discuss this. There is no way of doing this without his knowledge and, of course, he may plead not guilty and contest the matter in court.
Equally you can do nothing as you choose. You can still divorce him. You don't have to forgive him but you don't have to report it either.
Can I clarify anything for you?