How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12189
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a mental health issue. I have Bipolar disorder and have

This answer was rated:

I have a mental health issue. I have Bipolar disorder and have worked with the local authority for 10 years. I was ill a couple of times during my employment. I am still with the employer but when I feel I am being victimized they use another member of staff as a indirect threat in a physical presence. I have had this a couple of times. I am not a physical threat to anyone I have very good character witnesses. I have never struck anyone. I feel I am being harassed and intimidated, but the authority are very coy and cover up what their intentions are.
Thank you for your question.
It sounds to me that you have a grievance against the local authority for the way they have acted towards you. You shouod, therefore be instigating their grievance procedure so as to trigger an investigation. There will be a published grievance procedure which you should follow but it will normally involve an investigation by a local authority manager who is not involved with you or the others concerned. That person will investigate and produce a report on the allegations made and the employer has to fix the position if the grievance is upheld.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you