How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife and I have been separated 6 months after she went off

This answer was rated:

My wife and I have been separated 6 months after she went off with another man who she now lives with. I am starting divorce procedures in the new year. My 16 year old son who continues to live with me refuses to meet my wife's new partner and I don't have a problem with that since I happen to know he has a history of philandering, drinking, and he left his wife at a time she had been diagnosed with breast cancer. Not a nice man. If my son wanted to meet him then that would be different as I see it it is up to him. My wife now says that she and this man could get a court order for my son to see this man. I can't believe this is true? If his own son refused to see him then yes I would expect a court order could be obtained as a last resort but not my son who is unrelated to him?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Just to check - does your son have any Special Needs at all ( I have to ask)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No special needs.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No special needs

Then your ex is mistaken.
Since your son is over 16 and has no special needs - it is up to him what contact he has with his mother and he certainly cannot be forced to see her partner.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you