How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My partner has taken my baby daughter (DOB 20/03/2013) out

This answer was rated:

My partner has taken my baby daughter (DOB 20/03/2013) out of the country to Croatia without my knowledge or consent. (yesterday)
We are unmarried and my name is ***** ***** daughters birth certificate.
She is a Russian national and I suspect she will now be planning to stay there.
There is no residency order although of recent months she has been living with my daughter in temporary accommodation in London with me visiting twice a week. (since mid November 2014) We have been amicable and indeed spent Christmas together.
My questions are:
1) Did she need my consent and has she committed an offence.?
To confirm she has not asked my permission, I have not unreasonably withheld ect. I have had no knowledge of the arrangements.
2) Should I report this to the Police because A. She may not return. B. If she does return I will need some sort of audit trail with regard to previous behaviour when we come to look at residency orders ect.
Many thanks
Phil Lambert ***********
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What makes you believe that she will not return?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She has terminated the lease on her flat and been living in a hotel for six weeks, it looks likely she has gone to live with her Husband (although separated for 5 years never divorced) in either Croatia or Montenegro, sorry its all a bit Jeremy Kyle

Your ex needed your permission to take the child out of the country - and her failure to do so may amount to Child Abduction if she does not intend to return the child to the UK.
Croatia is a signatory of the Hague Convention On Abducted Children which means that there is a wayto retrieve the Child via the Courts.
You need to contact the Charity
who will be able to help guide you through the system
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you