How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I own an apartment in Malvern and rent it out. I would like

This answer was rated:

I own an apartment in Malvern and rent it out. I would like to sign it over to my two children and to be put in trust until I die.
Firstly, can this be done and is it advisable?
Secondly, my daughter is on working tax credit and if the above was possible, would this be affected?
I would also like to make my will and to do a power of attorney and would like to know your charges.
Thank you,
Yours truly,
J Christine Travis (Ms)
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Yes, I am happy to wait.

Please note this will be a one off question, therefore I am happy to have paid a one off price of £38, however I do not want this amount taken off my card month on month.

Thank you,


We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I will ask Customer Support to contact you re billing.
Thank you for your patience,
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
A) yes you can do this as an investment for your child. It will be protected and used for the benefit of your child. It is easy to do assuming there is no mortgage.
b) yes if she uses it to rent out or to live in it will need to be declared and may be considered an asset so may affect benefits.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you