How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i jointly own a flat with my ex daughter inlaw. I had gifted

Customer Question

i jointly own a flat with my ex daughter inlaw. I had gifted this share to her when she married my son, now that they have separated i want her to return the ownership to me like she wants all the gifts that her family gave her during the marriage.
The flat is rented out, she is threating to serve notice to the tenants and move into the flat as she says she is an equal owner. can i stop her from doing that.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the flat worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Why did you gift her a share of your property?