How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Have pleaded guilty to a charge of perverting the course of

Customer Question

Have pleaded guilty to a charge of perverting the course of justice. I pleaded guilty as I was arrested and at the interview and the case have been referred to the Early Guilty Plea court. Solicitor is confident I will avoid a custodial sentence. However, previous cases that have gone to trial have got between 3 to six months. If a sentence is given in the court of say 3 months, what kind of reduction would you get under the early Plea Scheme? Additionally if sentenced to community service, what kind of activities would they expect you to carry out?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this,
Alex Watts : You are entitled to 1/3rd discount
Alex Watts : This means for example if you were sentenced to 3 months it would be reduced to 2
Alex Watts : can I clarify anything for you about this today please?