How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71151
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Notice – Commercial property to tenantsIn commercial property law, not

Customer Question

Notice – Commercial property to tenants
In commercial property law, notice should be sent to exercise a break option, notify of an insufficient rent payment, increase of rent and recovery of property?
Do I need a solicitor to send a notice? Are solicitor noticed centrally stored or are they no different than e-mail that I could send myself?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What type of lease is this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a retail internal repair lease 3 years long duration. The lease ended up in April 2013 and Rolling over as a quarterly periodic tenancy.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Notice provisions and how notices are to be served are usually contained in the lease. If the lease is silent in that respect, then they should be in writing but don’t need to be served by a solicitor. Email is not generally considered to be sufficient.

There is no central record of notices and a three-year lease does not need to be registered at the land registry

Can I clarify anything else ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is notice to serve a court action due to insufficient payment and none reimbursement of some repair works.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

If there is no provision in the lease then it should be served in writing by first class post although to make sure that the person cannot deny they got it, obtain proof of posting from the post office counter.

Legally, provided you can prove that you posted it and it’s not been returned to sender as undelivered then the Postal Service is deemed to be 100% reliable.

That is sufficient purposes. I would send it to the tenants private address property address and if it’s a limited company, to the registered office address

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have got the following error message rating now. Regards,
Sorry, your rating was not processed. Please refresh the page and try rating again. If the issue persists, contact Customer Care at 1-***-***-****.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
If you try to rate again it should now work