How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
Type Your Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

My mother has passed away and has left a will naming my brother

This answer was rated:

My mother has passed away and has left a will naming my brother and myself as executors. I have Court of Protection for my Mum to deal with her property and affairs do I still need to go through probate before selling her home?
tdlawyer :

Hello, thanks for your question. My name is***** can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

Yes, you are still going to need to go through probate to be able to sell the property. Deputyships from the Court of Protection (which I believe you are referring to) does not mean you can avoid probate and other forms of power of attorney will lapse on death - so in short, you will still need to take the matter through probate.

tdlawyer :

Does this answer your question please?

tdlawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you