How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

My child passport has taken 7 month still not in,His dad

Customer Question

My child passport has taken 7 month still not in,
His dad is British and am over stayer is that the cause of the delay?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
Was he born in the uk?
Did you apply to the home office or just filled in a form and applied to the passport office?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She was born in the uk May of 2014
Dad fill a form and applied through the passport office not through the home office
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
The best thing to do would be to write a letter to the passport office and stating the reasons why you wish for the passport service to expedite the matter.
There has been a lot on the news recently about the passport agency taking a long time to issue individuals with passports, so this could also have got caught up with those passports.
It does not have anything to do with you being an overstayer as the passport is issued on the basis of the father.
I hope this answers your question.
Kind regards