How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I divorced my ex husband summer of 2013.(married 28years) And

This answer was rated:

I divorced my ex husband summer of 2013.(married 28years)
And have been dating a guy for seven months now.
The problem I have is, emails , txt messages and he is also trying FaceTime .
This is spread out over time, but now getting more frequent, which is stressing me out.
My two sons (22& 19) are unaware of this I think?)
I have tried ignoring them, but have come to the end of my tether.
By boyfriend says I should tell sons before starting legal issues.
Would be grateful for advice.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Just to check - you mean that your ex is harassing you to the point that you are going to have to take action?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Harassing, will not let me move on as very happy with relationship with boyfriend.
Seems to think we should get back together etc.
The marriage was dead for about five years, felt like sister/brother relationship.
Just need no contact unless it is about sons.
Sorry have to leave for work, will get back this evening for answer on this
How often are they coming - and do you ever reply to them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Clare
It varies, sometimes once a week,this past week three times .
Seems to be more often , if my sons have been with myself and boyfriend .
I have ignored messages so far, but would like to put a stop to his communication
The only option is to ask the Police to give him an Harassment warning I am afraid - but I think your partner is wise and you should mention to the children that you are having to do so
If the harassment continues then an arrest could follow
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you