How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

after sending in my decree absolute I have had a letter back

This answer was rated:

after sending in my decree absolute I have had a letter back from the courts stating 'it was directed that you need to comply with the family procedure rule 7.32 (3) that is in your statement' I am completely confused as to what this is, can you help please.
I also have to confirm whether we have loved together since the decree nisi and whether I have given birth which is obviously straight forward.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did you file a Statement setting out why you have delayed applying for the Decree Absolute?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, yes a full statement was made as to the reason for delay which was simply for reasons of it being a completely amicable separation of which although we went our separate ways, we remain friends, sorted all arrangements and the urgency of completion seemed to pass us both by, as simple as that really


In that case you simply need to amend the Statement to include a paragraph which states
"The parties have not resumed co-habitation during this period and no child has been born to the Applicant"
Resign it and send it in
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you