How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71130
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi Jo, you answered my question the other day regarding a wedding

This answer was rated:

Hi Jo, you answered my question the other day regarding a wedding cancellation. I was wondering if I could ask you to act for me as I think an official letter should be drafted and sent to the catering company - is this possible please
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
are you asking me to write to the company?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo,

Yes, if your charges are what I can afford, then I would be very grateful for you to write to the catering company through your legal firm so they can take me seriously – I don’t think an email from me to them will be effective.

Furthermore, as they have duped me in signing the contract (saying that I have until 14th Jan 2015 to cancel the wedding and I would not have to pay anything more than the deposit itself) I feel that the service they have provided is unsatisfactory – you can see for yourself that they have also not kept to their contract terms when demanding a further £2400 from me as their cancellation terms state something different. I wonder if I am within my right to claim the deposit of £2850 as well?

Please feel free to give me a contact email or something where we can further this confidentially.

Very best wishes,


Points to note are:

  • They did not give me a dually signed copy of the contract

  • They did not advise me to seek legal advice before I signed the contract

  • As you identified, the contract is prejudicial to one party (themselves)

  • They have 2.5 months still to go to re-market the venue for the provisional wedding date of 14th March 2015

  • I have not yet used their service e.g. food, venue use etc. (which you identified on 2nd Jan)

I am not sure that I am allowed to do that under the rules of this site but if you talk to either of these chambers
then they will have somebody who can write correspondence under the public access rules. The clerks may not know that they can do that offhand. The old public access rules used to prohibit it but those who have done the top up course are able to write letters.
I would imagine it would probably be about £100 but that is a rough guess.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much Jo, i will contact them - really very kind of you!

Best wishes - Robin

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile