How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

Hi I been leaving in UK for 17 years now . I'm loud to apply

This answer was rated:

Hi I been leaving in UK for 17 years now . I'm loud to apply for the overstay ??
Thanks .
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Do you have family in the UK, any children?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi no children. But I got 2 brothers they are British and they live here more then 20 years .
Thank you for your reply.
This is not sufficient, however, you may be able to apply for discretionary leave to remain after you have completed 20 years in the UK.
If you wish to submit an application for discretionary leave to remain in the UK on the basis of your private life, which you have upheld for the previous 17 years then yes this can be possible. However, for an application based on private life you will need to submit evidence of ties to the UK which cannot continue if you were to leave the UK and return to your home country.
You would need to provide letters from family and friends in the UK stating why it would not be reasonable for you to return to your home country and you would need to state any compelling and compassionate circumstances confirming why you are unable to leave the UK and return to your home country.
The home office will then consider the evidence and decided whether to grant you discretionary leave to remain in the UK.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you