How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12086
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

hi, I have been paying 170.00 in child support since my daughter

Customer Question

hi, I have been paying 170.00 in child support since my daughter was 3, she is now turning 18 this month, do i have to continue paying as she is at college. as well as the maintenance money i have been spending 45.00 mobile phone per month, 150.00 fuel costs as she lives far away per month, 100.00 per month to cover public transport to college eveyday, plus clothes and spending money.
I have just purchased her 1st car 7000.00 plus i'm paying the insurance...
Should i still be paying maintenance...?
Many Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
You should no longer be paying child support to the other parent assuming your daughter's college course is for qualifications that are higher than A level. You have a duty to maintain her directly whilst she is in full time education or training.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.