LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.

I have 6 points on my driving licence for diverse motoring

Customer Question

I have 6 points on my driving licence for diverse motoring offences for speeding. are they criminal offences which will stop me applying for British citizenahip
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Yes, they are criminal convictions and no it should not stop you applying for British Citizenship.

Customer :

I was given my permanent stay to remain in the UK 2 months ago. My last driving speeding offence was 4 to 6 months ago. how long should I wait to apply for a British citizen ship. the last points on my licence are for 4 years long. when and how I should I start the British citizenship application and what are the pros and cons. thanks

Speeding is not something that should affect your application so just do it.