How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

my brother is on astudent visa and can not expand his visa

Customer Question

hi my brother is on astudent visa and can not expand his visa due to him reaching the 5 year limit. can you please explain what this 200k visa is all about as I am abit confused asto does he needs to show that fund and then has time to invest or can he just invest part of it or can he open 3 4 businesses with that money eg takeaway estate agent and bakery or can he set up a limited company or selfemployed and he buys and sells properties and build his portfolio
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't mind waiting please continue to find me an answer

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
The 200k visa you are referring to is an Entrepreneur visa, this visa allows an individual to invest money in the UK if they open up a business or invest in an existing business.
He has to the have the money in place at the time of application and would need to invest the money into a business within 3 years of being issued with the visa.
He can set up a new company or can invest into an existing company ie like subway etc.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi does this mean he is ok to set up as a limited company or self employed buying and selling properties and renting them, can the rental be seen as the income for the business

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
It all depends on his role, his job title. He would need to have at least a degree level, so a property manager would not be sufficient.
I hope this answers your question.
Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so, please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Kind regards