How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am an english man living in UK An Italian man has left me

Customer Question

I am an english man living in UK
An Italian man has left me a large sum of money
as appreciation of my agreement to undertake some charitable work
the funds were sent from his bank in Italy but were stopped
before arriving in my UK bank account because it has no charitable registration
The question is Can I set up a charity in the UK or must I do what a solicitor
in Italy states has to be an Italian Registration.
If you can assist me in any way even if it is to direct me to someone who can help me
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I assume that you never met this man and that the whole thing was a surprise
The reason I say that is that you are the victim of a scam.
There is no money and no problem with the bank.
I am sorry but you can read more here
Please ask if you need further details