How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

if i request a that specific member of staff from my housing

Customer Question

if i request a that specific member of staff from my housing association is no longer welcome to work with me/for me or be involved in my dealings with my housing association... am i within my rights to be annoyed to say the least that my request has been ignored for at least 3 yrs? i have had no joy and many backtracking/incompetent moments with said housing maintanence officer.... many moments that have led to misinformation or lack of due care and attention to the job/s in hand?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know why they refuse?
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

simply because they say they have a system in place and as such 'said' member of staff is assigned to my area altho in the past i have been able to reqeust a different chap and it should be on my 'academy' (?) notes that i have for a long time requested this chap not be involved in my housing needs as for at least 5yrs i have found him proffessionaly incompetant.

JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

they like to assign area persons but they do also have a team of other folk that are available... but, even my housing officer is almost if not impossible to contact

Alex Watts : Ok. You need to write to the chief executive and make a formal complaint. They will investigate the matter for you using their complaints process.
Alex Watts : If the outcome is not as you desire then you can complain to the ombudsman.
Alex Watts : They offer a free and are independent of the association. They can investigate your complaint at
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : That should resolve your problem
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

yeah ombudsman... tried chief chap(ess) in the office... its susie this and candice that!! ... they are all coffee drinking nail painting younsters in the office! i thought you might have been able to google a bit more than i already knew to give me some attack info ;}

JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

cant pay £38 for that!!!!

Alex Watts : Your only other option is to consider a judicial review
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

ok... whats that?

Alex Watts : What I have given you so far is free options
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

oh! ok

JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

thanks... so , im not charged?

Alex Watts : Judicial review is where a high court judge examines the decision of the Housing Association and decides whether it is legal and reasonable
Alex Watts : The judge can either agree with the decision or remit it back for further consideration
Alex Watts : But as this is a high court matter you would need a solicitor and barrister. You will have to pay for this as you are not likely to get legal aid with rule changes
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

heh... you should see the cave me and my daughter live in after i could no longer work and the bedroom tax hit after 11yrs in our last home ;} .... but thanks for the free info, i do appreciate it xx

Alex Watts : Indeed. Can I clarify anything else for you?
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

only that i wont be charged 38 for this?! x

Alex Watts : Any billing questions you need to speak with customer services as I only see questions as an expert
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

oh... well played.

Alex Watts : You have rated poor service, what else do you want to know?
Alex Watts : Please
Alex Watts : please remember I can only tell you legal answers
Alex Watts : i have no access to billing, no access to your account
Alex Watts : I can only see and answer questions
Alex Watts : You need to contact customer services for any billing questions
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

nasty cheap service playing on folk that are simple... i am not, i would have liked a more in depth, personal couple of suggestions and or solutions to my problem.... something maybe you were familiar with not a generic answer.... i tried that already hence the 38quid.

Alex Watts : I have given you suggestions
Alex Watts : 1) Ombudsman
Alex Watts : 2) Judicial review
Alex Watts : I also said you need to issue proceedings in the high court
Alex Watts : I provided what a judge will look at and the decisions they could make
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

still, not paying for that as i already googled that, .... i needed something to hit them with early on that wouldve aided me before it had to go to court.

Alex Watts : Ok opting out good luck
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

i needed to know if i was right in requesting that a certain housing officer should not could not be involved in my housing needs... and that because my request had been ignored, were they still correct/within thier right to ignore me and my request....

JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

have i been charged and do i need to claim my money back please?

Alex Watts : You left a negative rating for me so I am not going to continue the disucssion
Alex Watts : i have already invited you to speak with customer services with reference for a refund twice
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

ou cou;d at least let me know where i stand money wise! you should also not take it so personaly... i have explained my reasons

Alex Watts : you need to email customer services. Good luck
Alex Watts : and goodbye.
JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

good luck?!!! is that code for 'meh' lol.... i gave the standard of responce poor... you all give basic responce, you shouldnt take it so personally :)

JACUSTOMER-y34g5sxr- :

ok. xx

Alex Watts : Your only other option is to seek an injunction preventing the person working on your case
Alex Watts : you would need to complete forms n1
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : And n16a
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : You would be asking for an order that they don't allow the person to work on your case and with your needs.
Alex Watts : The judge would consider the matter and decide whether to make an order.
Alex Watts : If granted and they breach it, they would be in contempt of court. They would be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify the only other approach there is likely to be?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: