How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

, I have been scammed by a binary options trading

This answer was rated:

I have been scammed by a binary options trading company. Do i stand a chance in getting back my money?
Hi I I am sorry to hear about your problems. Is this company regulated in the UK? Is it for example regulated by the FCA?
how did you pay money to them? Was it by credit card or bank transfer?
If ,as you suggest, these people are fraudsters then the only way you are likely to get your money back is either to get recovery through the financial services compensation scheme which applies to regulated businesses or to claim against a credit card company.
If you are dealing with an unregulated company and made bank transfers then the chances of getting your money back are pretty small.
I assume you have heard nothing from Action fraud? If the company is UK based you could try contacting the trading a standards officers of the local authority where they are based.
If you have further information I may be able to give you some more suggestions about what to do.
Senior Partner and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Since i am not going to get my money back, how can i prevent other people from falling to the practices of this company? i really want to do something to prevent them from continuing to appear online and catch other innocent clients!

Hi sorry for the delay in responding. IF you have already contacted action fraud the only other thing I can suggest is to contact trading standards in the area they operate and also perhaps try contacting the Financial Conduct Authority who regulate such businesses