How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Two of my grandchildren have been taken away by their mum to

This answer was rated:

Two of my grandchildren have been taken away by their mum to the, ISLE OF WHITE, my son is trying to get them back to telford where he lives,and to get custerdy of his kids. As a grand parent what are my rights to see them in telford. And would their mum have to bring them back to telford for me to see them ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and what reason was given for the move?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The twins are 4 and a half and and their youngest is 3, she her name is [mariea ], about six weeks ago she took the twins to school and then left telford in shropshire to go to the isle of white to join her new boyfriend.And took the little one with her (boy).The twins are a boy and girl,(Thaya and Cowen ). As far as my son was concered their relationship was just ok. my son (phillip) lives with his dad, so on that day when she left she text my son to pick the twins up from school. Then he found out she had gone. And this is why he as payed that money to get his other son

Just to be clear - the twins are still with your son?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No ,on friday he met up with mariea and she talked phil into letting her take Thaya to the iow on condion that she brought her back, but then text him saying she wasnt going to bring Thaya back to him. so then phil went back to telford, im so worryed that i wont see my granchildren ever again

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

only one of them (cowen)

So she has two of the children and he has one - twins who are now separated - is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


First thing to morrow your son needs to make an urgent application to the court for a Child Arrangement Order stating that the older children live with him and an Order allowing the police to help hime recover his daughter.
The application will also cover the younger child but since that Child has been with Mum for the last few weeks the court will not make an urgent Order for his return.
With regard to your rights I am afraid that you have no automatic right to contact - you are generally expected to share your son's contact.
If you are granted the right to apply for contact and a Contact Order was made it is unlikely that it would take place in Telford unless the children were also seeing your son
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you