How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12092
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I run a Scout Group in a Perthsire Village,the local Church

Customer Question

I run a Scout Group in a Perthsire Village,the local Church Of Scotland is putting its hall up for sale ( I think they should donate it the the children of the village,I know not on) The point is, I am told that the hall was given to the Church in the sixties as a present. I was wondering the best place to find out this information, when they were given it,by whom etc. Thank You David X

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
You would have to look at the title deeds for this information. The title deeds will be held by the legal department of the Church of Scotland. If they won't lend them out or let you have copies you can get copies from the Registers of Scotland although the type of title is such that you would be best to employ a firm of professional searchers to get you the copies. A firm like Millar & Bryce would be able to do this. The reason I am suggesting this is that looking for non Land Registered titles can be quite difficult.
Happy to discuss further. You can contact the church legal section at***@******.***
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.