How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I had an allegation of actual bodily harm against me 9 years

This answer was rated:

I had an allegation of actual bodily harm against me 9 years ago and was charged by the police but not convicted. Do I need to disclose this for either standard or enhanced disclosures?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : i assume you were found not guilty at court?


Alex Watts : Ok. Have you been asked to declare convictions by someone?
Alex Watts : for a standard DBS check (used to be crb) it won't show.
Alex Watts : this is because there is no conviction

I need to complete a disclosure scotland check for an employer and I think it will standard or enhanced

Alex Watts : In fact it also won't show on an enhanced check either

so not even the fact that I was charged would show up?

Alex Watts : However what can happen is there is a section titled other relevant information
Alex Watts : The police could have an entry saying you were charged.
Alex Watts : But until you apply for it you have no way of knowing.
Alex Watts : If it was related to an assault on children or domestic violence, it may show.
Alex Watts : But it won't be a convicted but other information as held by the police.
Alex Watts : So it won't show as a conviction in either way.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

no not children or domestic voilence

Alex Watts : Please see here for the differences
Alex Watts :

No I think that answers my questions, thanks Alex

Alex Watts : So they won't show as a conviction and ought not to show as other information
Alex Watts : Great.


Alex Watts : If this does answer the question can I ask you to rate my answer today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply

Yes will do that now

Alex Watts : Thanks
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you