How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

In September I booked online with Eviivo nights of

This answer was rated:

In September I booked online with Eviivo nights of 7th and 8th October, room at the Rivington Lodge,Bolton.I payed with my card and was given a booking number but I could not print out this transaction. On arriving at Rivington Lodge I produced my booking number but was told that I hadn't paid room. So,I paid up.
On returning home I checked my bank account on line and discovered that Eviivo had received £56.98 and so had Rivington Lodge. I made several attempts to contact Eviivo by phone but in spite of being asked to hold on after 30 mins wait I disconnected the call.Eventually at another call I spoke to someone who looked into the matter and told me to write to Rivington Lodge enclosing my receipt and they would send me a cheque. I did this but sent a photocopy of the receipt. These were sent by recorded delivery on 11th December to Rivington Lodge but I have heard nothing to date. What should I do to get my money back?
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : please let me know whether you paid by debit or credit card and they are based in Bolton, UK?

I paid by Debit card, Rivington lodge is in Bolton BL6 5UZ

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything about this today please?
Alex Watts : If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .

Could you tell me what the cost would be to take up the proceedings at the small claims court,please?

Alex Watts : Court fees are listed here
Alex Watts :

My husband and I are in our eighties, is it possible to claim these court expenses from Rivington Lodge?

Alex Watts : Does that help?
Alex Watts : Yes it will be able to.
Alex Watts : Court fees are added to the claim automatically.

Many thanks information

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you