How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

my neighbours have given me since my husband died 8 yrs

This answer was rated:

my neighbours have given me hell since my husband died 8 yrs ago
they call the police because I have not opened my blinds,
the police call age concern, age concern call me and I say why don't they just knock on my door.
One man says I'm senile, and cannot look after myself
I have no witnesses, so don't know what to do,
but every week its another gossip,
I was supposed to be drunk morning till night I offered a blood test
but this is getting beyond a joke
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Have you reported any of this to the police as harassment please?

the police know about this but I have not actually told them mystory

Alex Watts : Ok, I would do that. They can warn your neighbours not to harass you. If they continue to do so and it amounts to harassment the police can prosecute them and seek an injunction,
Alex Watts : This process can take time but it is a free option.
Alex Watts : The other option is to obtain a civil injunction preventing them from harassing you.
Alex Watts : You would need to complete form n1
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : And n16a
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : The court will send a copy to the other side and list for a short interim hearing.
Alex Watts : The court will at this point set the matter down for a final hearing if contested, give directions and decide whether to make an interim order.
Alex Watts : The court will need to decide whether this conduct is harassment and is it just to make an interim order.
Alex Watts : You may possibly get legal aid or fee remission from court fees depending on your circumstances
Alex Watts : But I would suggest a lawyer to deal with the county court matter.
Alex Watts : But inform the police and start to keep a diary of all the events that go on.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

I'm so thankful to you, I did not think I could do anything because I have no witness thank you so much

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you