Dear Jo, How can I find out if someone has made an

Dear Jo, How can I find out if someone has made an allegation against me? I would be grateful if you answer the following questions: 1- can I call or email the police to find out ? on what number or email if it is there metropolitan police? 2- will they give me the correct information? 3- can they just say no there is no allegation against me and misinform me and just arrest me when i come back to the UK? Many thanks

Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
1 You can call the police. They will be able to tell you whether there is a warrant arrest.
2 Yes, usually. I have never known them give incorrect information.
3 They should not lie and generally they do not but it is possible that they could I suppose. There isn't really any interest in doing that though.
I entirely agree with your solicitor's advice and that would have been my answer to your earlier post. Whenever you complain about somebody else you create a motivation to do it to you. If you are male and they are female then they will always win the battle of being a victim. I know it is unfair but it is the truth.
Can I clarify anything ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you Have the Number or the email that I can contact the Police to see if there is a warrant against me?

Many thanks .

Usually you just phone your local station.
If you dial 101 and ask relevant constabulary though that might be a way forward.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. information, please start your question with ‘ C’. You can also bookmark my profile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Jo,

I was wondering if the police want to send me an Arrest warrant will they post me a letter?

I have my mail redirected so if they do so I will still get the letter.

They don't usually do it by post. They might leave a calling card but that wouldn't be redirected.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Jo,

What is my legal obligations. Do I have to contact the police and notify them that I have left the UK incase they want to contact me?

I have already informed them that I can be contacted only by email and telephone which i provided to them. is that good enough ?

thanks again

No, you don't have to inform them.
It is generally better if you are co-operative but you can't do much more than give them your number.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Jo C

I called the Metropolitan Police to see if there is an allegation / warant against me but the officer told me that they can not tell me that?

I had the understanding that they will tell me!!!

Please advice me

What you need to ask them if there is a warrant arrest.
They are not going to tell you details of an allegation that may or may not have been made of course. What they should tell you is whether or not they want a word with you about this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and by law are they obliged to tell me if there is a warrant arrest?

Can they refuse to tell me?

can they give incorrect information?

Many thanks.

No, but they will.
They can refuse but there is no point as they want you to attend. If they won't tell you then get your solicitor to contact them.
I suppose they could give you false information but they have no interest in doing so.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Am i allowed to record the phone conversations i have with the police?

if yes

will i be able to use them in court?

Yes, in theory but it is not very likely to be relevant.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If there is a warrant to arrest me and I am not in the U.K. am I still entitled to have a solicitor?

interview you are.