How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32326
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

. I need a solicitor to help me verify a will that has

Customer Question

. I need a solicitor to help me verify a will that has not gone to probate but needs to be accepted in the USA as legal- may need verification by the US Consulate in London and secondly to give power of Attorney to an American citizen to appear before an American Judge in the USA on behalf of Executors who are British citizens living in the UK. In short, I need a solicitor who has American/International legal experience. How much would that cost me , please? Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Could you explain a little more about the background to your request please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am trying to obtain money deposited in my late husband's name in a bank in the USA. The account was an online account. My husband died 23 months ago. He left a will which did not go to probate at the time because all our assets were jointly ownned. Now the American system require that the will be verified- perhaps by their consulate and that the Executors give power of attorney to a relative of mine who will represent us before the judge. The relative is an American citizen. What will it cost me to have a solicitor do this ? Can you recommend a solicitor who is versed in American/International legal matters? Thanks

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

Would it mot be more effective to obtain Probate of the Will?