How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Good afternoon. I have been a free member of a dating site

Customer Question

Good afternoon.
I have been a free member of a dating site "" and after some time I decided to subscribe membership(this was at the beginning of November 2014), I keep the same profile, but as soon as they charge me £54 pounds they blocked my profile, saying that I must provide more personal information. I gave my telephone and number and other information including photos but no ID or professional identification, but they didn't unblock my profile, then I ask to be refunded of the £54 pounds, but they refuse to give back to me.
They keep filling my email with their rubbish messages
Is this legal? to accept money form anyone without to care about the identity source?
Many thanks.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

How did you pay subscription, by debit or credit card?

JACUSTOMER-brk5et1k- :

Alex nice to meet you!

JACUSTOMER-brk5et1k- :

I have paid by using a travel money MasterCard

Alex Watts :

Is that credit or debit card?

JACUSTOMER-brk5et1k- :

Is only a travel money card form the post office.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .

Or you might be able to initiate a chargeback via the card issuer.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish help: