How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have CCJ over 6 years, applied naturalisation 6 months ago

This answer was rated:

I have CCJ over 6 years, applied naturalisation 6 months ago now home office want to know the details of CCJ but they are over 6 years I have not got the details
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Do you know who the creditor was please?


Bank & credit card


I do not have any records or any documentation, as they were registered in my previous address***** London w5 4dl. I am staying in my current address 514b Victoria Road HA4 0HD since 2007.I was in difficult situation at that time and could not manage my financial issues.Home office asked me to provide them details by 4th Feb question what i should do to obtain British citizen as I am entitled from various factor.I only know the registerd date. now i even could not see in the credit file.

Alex Watts : Do you know which bank it was?


Alex Watts : Ok. You may then write to HSBC and ask for details of documents held under the data protection act. They must respond within 49 days but they are also entitled to charge s fee of up to £10
Alex Watts : But you can write and they must provide the documents
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

I did not mean that, i checked on this website , there is no record of any judgement.


my only question is ,does it make affect my naturalisation application? its over 6 years no record of anywhere.

Alex Watts : Oh sorry, the answer is no, the time is now spent.
Alex Watts : Does that help?

i applied naturalisation application in may 2014.on the application form there was question about the civil judgement, i reslised of my CCJ and later i posted a letter on 29 Sep 2014 to inform that i have had a CCJ now home office want to copy of this. I do not have any of the documents to show them, all credit file is clean. My last 10 years residennde addres is also got no show of any judgements. but on the letter on 29th Sep 2014 i have given the date of CCJ was registered on my name in different address is now over 6 years.


I have to reply home office i checked with website, and have proof of no record of any judgements.

Alex Watts : Why did you declare it if there was no record?

I did not know, i applied in May 2014, I did not realise CCJ is civil judgement, it was over 5 years and half at that time, and the application form says only last 5 years of residency address required. I thought it was not necessary, so after 5 months i was advised from some friends that i should inform them before they take decision and sent them the information in Sep 2014. I relay do not want to lose an opportunity to obtain British Citizen, as i have wife and children ( aged 13 and 9) need to work.


Now i need to write a response with the printed proof from Registry Trust, can you guide me what shall i write

Alex Watts :

Ok. You just need to respond and say that you do not have the details as it is more than 6 years ago and no longer shows as Registry Trust.

Alex Watts :

You should also say its time barred and they would need to apply to the Court for permission to enforce

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you