How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My solicitor has been with me whenI ws arrested and taken to

This answer was rated:

My solicitor has been with me whenI ws arrested and taken to the police station.The charge against me is to incite a girl under 14 years of age to commit an act of gross indecency.
What should my solicitor be doing to pre my case
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
If you have only just been to the police station then there is nothing that anybody can do. Until you are charged and he receives the Crown's evidence there is no action that can realistically be taken.
Thereafter, it depends on the facts of the case. Many cases involve no real investigation at all. It is just a case of shaking away at their case until you create a doubt. Some cases do require defence witnesses to be seen although the nature of the allegation you face it is not likely.
If you give me more specific information about what you are hoping he would tell then I will be able to tell you whether that is likely.
Can I clarify anything else ?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ihope that I may just get a suspended sentence.but the three girls are all friends. If found guilty what length of sentence am i likely to receive.

It depends. I would really need the facts of the allegation to tell you reliably.