How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12068
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I'm looking to buy my sister out of the flat we own together,

This answer was rated:

I'm looking to buy my sister out of the flat we own together, how do we go about it from a legal point of view.
Thank you question.
In exchange price you're going to pay her, she will grant you a title deed of her share of the property. This will have to be done by a solicitor who will draw up the deed and register it in the Land Registry so that the title is transferred onto your sole name. This will cost about £500-600 to deal with by your solicitor.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.
JGM and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you