How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10732
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I have been married years, we are looking to move house

Customer Question

I have been married years, we are looking to move house and becuase of the age difference between my wife and myself the financial adviser needs my name only mortgage to get the time period of advantage to borrow. Does this effect my wife and her entitlement if anything happens to me?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
and thanks Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
If your new property has to be purchased in your sole name, the only thing you will need to make sure is that you have made a Will, leaving your Estate to your Wife, so in the event of you going first, she is safe in the knowledge that the property will pass to her. (if you do not make a Will, there is no guarantee that your Wife would inherit the property, depending on the value of your Estate).
There should be a Wills Solicitor employed by the Firm you instruct to deal with your purchase, and I am sure they will therefore be able to assist you.
I hope this helps, and answers your question.
Kind Regards