How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Only one of the two defendants has responded with a defence

This answer was rated:

Only one of the two defendants has responded with a defence which had to be submitted by 9th January. Can I apply for Judgment against the omitting defendant or is it sufficient defence that one has responded? One is a letting agent (represented by their Prof Indem Insurance) one is Landlord acting for himself. It is the Landlord who has failed to submit a defence. I only tagged it onto the other correspondence for ease of memory. Jill
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Yes you can apply for judgment in default against any party who has failed to file a defence.
Alex Watts : So yes, enter judgment
Alex Watts : The court will then proceed to trial with the remaining defendant
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you