How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am employed by MB to collect and delivery their vehicles.

This answer was rated:

I am employed by MB to collect and delivery their vehicles. As such I am covered by a Motor Trade Policy which I have held with Tradewise past nine years all without claim. Over the past two years they have attempted various excuses to increase my premiums excessively. I am a Director of my own company and this is my fulltime business.
I do own several rented out properties which I separately insure, which are run by a colleague who also does my repairs and renewals. This appears to be the main plank in renewal. They state I am a Past Time Motor Trade and a full time Property owner. The very reverse is the truth, but I have no apparent recourse against their finding which needles to say vastly increases my premium Please advise if I have any action against this arbitrary finding. Suffice to say alternative sources are not great.
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you made a formal written complaint yet please?


No not as yet


I have made formal protests through my Insurance Renewal Company at least four times. All rejected

Alex Watts : You should formally write and make a complaint. This will then be investigated and they will report back to you.
Alex Watts : If you are not happy with that result at that stage you can complain to the financial ombudsman.
Alex Watts : They regulate insurance companies. They offer a free and independent service at
Alex Watts : You can also complain to Trading Standards, whilst they won't necessarily investigate your specific complaint if enough people complain then they are more likely to investigate
Alex Watts : This should resolve your problem .
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you