Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

We are setting up a Property Management Company, what if any

We are setting up a Property Management Company, what if any Government laws are relevant.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Alex J. :

The main issue to be concerned about is whether you will hold client funds and if so you will most likely need authorisation from the FCA - http://www.fca.org.uk/firms/firm-types/intermediaries/property-managing-agents

Alex J. :

You will then need to consider other issues such as:

Alex J. :

(i) Is this residential or commercial management - there are seperate regulators for each one;

Alex J. :

(ii) Will you be providing employees on any of the sites - therefore you will need to consider whether you will need insurances for these activities.

Alex J. :

Can you provide me with any further information?

Alex J. :

I will be offline until 1pm so please do not be concerned if you do not hear from me right away. Kind regards AJ