How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71266
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

how to get my fire arms back with no crime or statement against me.

This answer was rated:

how to get my fire arms back with no crime or statement against me.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i said to my wife we need to talk. she stormed out went to next door .said i locked door but did not .slept there next morning lady next door called the statment was given by my wife she is chinese and going through the change of life and dosent speak fluent english we have been together 9 years the 14 march this year. the next day fire arms came and took my guns without singing for them or taking any photos of them or the condition of them.i dont know the names of the officers.

So surely it was a domestic then? I understand your point - you had done nothing wrong. But it arose from a domestic argument?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was not a domestic i said 4 words we need to talk.we did not talk prior to that because i have been through it be for with my first wife and i just keep out of her way and go shooting.

Do you know what the neighbour said when she called the police?
I presume she made some allegation or another?
Or did they just not tell you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

only the policeman

man knows what was said i have not been interviewed.

Yes, I do understand.
It is a very difficult situation. Current police policy is to remove a firearms certificate if they receive a report even needing police intervention. That is outrageously unfair in my opinion but it is their position.
You can appeal. I would suggest an appeal here. If you were not even arrested or otherwise interrogated then their evidence must have been non existent.
Ultimately though, if they will not agree to you keeping the certificate then your only option is to appeal to recover it.
This may well be one of those cases where they would not resist vigorously your application but they just want somebody other than the force to make that decision in case there are other incidents that would throw scrutiny upon them. I realise that there are not likely to be but they do not know that.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

as you have answerd my questions i whould like to cancel my details now thank you

No problem.
You need to email customer services on***@******.*** but they can do that for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you please cancel my case now as i cannot do it i am 70 and dont use computer much thank you.